Quick Facts about Chris Rock
|Birth Name||Christopher Julius Rock III|
|Nick Name||Chris, Chrissy|
|Date of Birth||7 Fеbruаrу,1965|
|Birth Place||Andrews, South Carolina, United States|
|Ethnicity||Black He has African American ancestry.|
|Education||James Madison High School in Brooklyn, New York City.|
|Profession||Actor Writer Prоduсеr Dіrесtоr.|
|Height||5 Ft. 10 in or 178 cm|
|Relationships||Маlааk Соmрtоn Rосk (m. 1996–2016) Megalyn Echikunwoke (2015-Present)|
|Children||Lola Simone (Born 2002) Zahra Savannah (Born 2004)|
|Net worth||$ 100 million|
What Chris Rock Famous for?
- Chris Rock is one of the renowned United States Comedians.
- He is the writer, developer, and star in the “Everybody Hates Chris” popular television series.
- He has also starred in numerous movies such as “ Grown-Ups”, “Down to Earth” as well as “Head of State”.
Who is Chris Rock?
Christopher Julius Rock III popularly known as Chris Rock is an American actor, comedian, television, producer, writer, and director who rose to fame in the early 1990s after being a cast member of Saturday Night Live. Chris Rock is best known for his starring roles in the films, Down to Earth (2001), the 2003’s Head of State, The Longest Yard released in 2005, and Grown Ups (2010) as well as the sequel, Grown Ups 2 among many other films. “Smooth Operator” and “Hump de Bump” are some of the music videos he has appeared in besides being the director behind them. As a writer, Chris Rock is the writer, developer, and narrator of the sitcom, Everybody Hates Chris (2005–2009
Chris Rock was born on the 17th of February 1965 in Andrews, South Carolina, U.S. Rock’s full birth name is Christopher Julius Rock III
and he is the son of Rosalie Rock and Christopher Julius Rock Jr. His father worked as a newspaper deliveryman as well as a truck driver whereas his mother was a social worker and a teacher. Chris Rock is of Cameroonian descent and has three brothers namely, Jordan, Kenny, and Tony. Charles is Chris Rock’s step-brother who passed on in 2006. Shortly after his birth, Rock’s family relocated to Crown Heights, Brooklyn before later settling in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
Chris Rock attended James Madison High School where he suffered immense beatings and bullying from white students. When the bullying situation advanced as he grew older, his parents were left with no option but to pull him out of the school. That way, Chris Rock became a High School dropout though he later earned a GED.
Before falling into a relationship with actress Megalyn Echikunwoke, Chris Rock had previously been married to Malaak Compton, the founder and executive director of StyleWorks, a non-profit salon that offers full services to women entering the workforce. The couple has been blessed with two daughters, Lola Simone (Born 2002), and Zahra Savannah (Born 2004). The family happily lived together in Alpine, New Jersey up to until December 2014 when Chris Rock filed for divorce from Compton. This came after Rock had admitted committing infidelity alongside being a porn-addict.
Currently, Chris Rock is dating Megalyn Echikunwoke, an actress he met back in 2016.
Soon after dropping out of school, Chris Rock took menial jobs in fast-food restaurants before delving into acting. Chris Rock’s career however officially kicked off in 1984 through stand-up comedy where he showed his talent at Catch a Rising Star, a club in New York City. After some time of showcasing his comic skills at the club, Chris Rock was spotted by various directors of television series, and within no time he had landed some acting roles in the “Miami Vice” television series. His outstanding performance drew the attention of renowned comedians such as Eddie Murphy form whose friendship the Rock landed his debut film role in the film, “Beverly Hills II” (1987).
In the 1990s was when Chris Rock received a breakthrough in his acting career after he became “Saturday Night Live’s “cast member. This has ever since starred and featured in various commercially successful and critically acclaimed films such as “New Jack City” (1991), the 1992’s “Boomerang”, “Down to Earth” (2001), “Madagascar Series” (2005-2012), the 2005’s “Longest Yard”, the 2014’s “Top Five” among many more films.
How Worth is Chris Rock?
- Over the years Chris Rock has gone on record as one of the highest-paid actors and comedians.
- Below is just a shallow logic that will us into determining Chis Rock’s net worth
- In 1987, Chris earned $ 600 from his acting role in the film, “Hills Cops II”.
- The actor pocketed $ 11,000 from the film, “New Jack City” in 1991.
- “Lethal Weapon 4” earned him $ 2 million in 1998 before later in 2016 bagged some $ 40 million following his stand-up specials deal with Netflix.
- Besides, Chris Rock earns much from Instagram’s monetized ads as well as from his real estate properties.
Chris Rocks’ Body Stats
Chris Rock is Slim-bodied with a decent height and weight. The actor has an impressive height since he stands tall at 5 feet and 10 inches which once expressed in centimeters totals to 168 cm. Chris Rock has an average weight of 78 Kg which is equivalent to 172 Pounds. His eye color is dark-brown whereas his hair color is black. Chris Rock is of a straight sexual orientation.
Some Facts about Chris Rock
- Chris Rock likes mimicking his preacher grandfather while doing most of his jokes.
- He attended James Madison High School where he was bullied and beaten since the school was predominantly white and he was a black student.
- In 2008 Chris was ranked the best comedian after he became the first comedian to do a live performance before an audience of 15,900 people in London.
- Before he ventured into acting, Chris did some odd jobs at fast-food restaurants.
Some Famous Quotes by Chris Rock
- “There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments.”
- “Men are only as unfaithful as their options.”
- “If a woman tells you she’s twenty and looks sixteen, she’s twelve. If she tells you she’s twenty-six and looks twenty-six, she’s damn near forty.”
- “Every town has the same two malls: the one white people go to and the one white people used to go to.”
- “You don’t pay taxes – they take taxes.”
Also read: Chris Rock Plastic Surgery