Quick Facts about Beyonce
|Birth Name||Beyoncé Giselle Knowles|
|Nick Name||Sasha Fierce, Be, Beyonce Knowles-Carter, Queen B, Bee, Mothe, JuJu, Queen Bey|
|Date of Birth||4th September, 1981|
|Place of Birth||Houston, Texas, U.S.|
|Marital Status||Married to Jay-Z|
|Relationships||Jay-Z (2002-present) Mos Def (2001) Lyndell Locke (1993-2000)|
|Children||Blue Ivy Carter (Born 2012) Rumi Carter (Born 2017) Sir Carter (Born 2017)|
|Eye color||Dark broen|
|Education||St. Mary’s Elementary School, Texas & High School for the Performing and Visual Arts|
|Net worth||$ 500 million|
Who is Beyonce?
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter popularly known as Beyonce is a renowned American R&B singer, songwriter, and on-screen actress who has graced the screens since her childhood. Beyonce rose to worldwide attention in the late ’90s following her role as the lead singer in “Destiny’s Child”, one of the world’s best-selling girl-groups. She is the hit-maker of the singles, “Baby Boy” and “Crazy in Love” both of which topped in the Billboard’s Hot 100. Beyonce has been ranked one of the best-selling musicians since she made over 100 million record sales besides winning 22 Grammy Awards over her the last 22 years in the music industry. Her debut solo album, “Dangerously in Love” besides selling over 11 million copies worldwide garnered her five Grammy Awards. As an actor, Beyonce has starred in the films, “Dreamgirls”, “The Pink Panther”, “Obsessed and Epic” among others.
Beyonce was born Beyoncé Giselle Knowles in Houston, Texas on the 4th of September 1981 to a hairdresser and salon owner, Celestine “Tina” Knowles, and a Xerox project supervisor, Mathew Knowles. She was named Beyonce as an attribute to her mother’s family name. Beyonce’s career aptitude for music was discovered at an early age where she first won a singing competition in her school at the age of seven years. In the school singing competition, Beyonce enthusiastically sang singing John Lennon’s “Envision” were won against her other peers. Beyonce attended the Parker Elementary School, Houston, a music magnet school where she performed with the school’s ensemble before later on joining High School for the Performing and Visual Arts and subsequently Alief Elsik High School. Besides, Beyonces’ music career has its roots at St. John’s United Methodist Church where she served as a soloist for a long. It should also be noted that Beyonce has three siblings namely, Bianca Lawson, Nixon Knowles, and Solange Knowles. Solange is her young sister who was a backup artist Destiny’s Child.
Beyonce’s talent and passion for music began way back in her childhood where she participated in various singing competitions in school. However, it was up until 2003 when she officially decide to go solo in the music career releasing her debut album, “Dangerously in Love” which not only won her five Grammy Awards but also sold over 11 million copies worldwide.
The hit singles, “Best Thing I Never Had” and “Run the World” in her fourth studio album placed the singer at the peak of the R & B world since the album managed to sell over 310,000 copies in its first week after release besides making it to the Billboard 200 chart. The album gave Beyonce her fourth consecutive number-one collection in the U.S.
Beyonce kept soaring higher on her music career with the release of her fourth single, “Love on Top” giving a unique breakthrough and wider recognition across the world. The song not only became a seven-time back-to-back number one on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart but it made was the Billboard Hot 100’s number 20. “Naughty Girl” and “Me, Myself and I” are some other hit singles by Beyonce which have also made it to the top-five in the Billboard 200 chart besides placing her name at the top.
As an actress, Beyonce made her debut in the musical film, “Carmen: A Hip Hopera” in 2001 whereby she played Carmen Brown. She has since starred in films like, “Dreamgirls”, “The Pink Panther”, “Obsessed and Epic” among others. Beyonce is also a renowned television personality whose debut television appearance was in 1997 in the “MuchOnDemand” TV show.
Also read: Facts about Demo Lovato’s plastic surgery
Before meeting her current hubby, Shawn Corey Carter (Jay-Z) Beyonce had previously gone through two relationships. Her first relationship was with Lyndell Locke who she dated from1993 to 2000. Upon separation with Lyndell Locke, Beyonce fell into a short-lived relationship with Mos Def in 2001, just a year before she started dating Jay-Z in 2002.
Beyonce and Jay-Z had a six-year relationship before they finally decided to tie the knots on 4th April 2008. The couple has been blessed with three children including, Blue Ivy Carter (Born 2012) and twins; Rumi Carter and Sir Carter (Born 13th June 2017).
Beyonce’s Body Stats
Beyonce has a Voluptuous body shape with a decent height and weight. The R & B singer stands tall an impressive height of 5.7 feet or 169 centimeters. She has an average weight of 65 Kilograms. Beyonce has a dark brown eye color and black hair. Her chest, waist, and hip sizes are 35, 26, and 39 inches respectively.
How worth is Beyonce?
- As of 2020, Beyonce’s net worth is estimated to be $ 500 million.
- Most of her wealth comes from her lucrative music industry which includes the sale of her music albums as well as her music tours.
- Beyonce bags much income from endorsement deals with various brands.
- Forbes has named her the highest-paid musician of all time with a net salary of $62.1 million.
- Together with her husband Jay-Z, Beyonce has invested in various lucrative sectors with “Netflix” being one of their proudly owned investment.
- Beyonce and Jay-Z make the first celebrity couple to cross the billion-dollar combined net worth mark with a total net worth of approximately $ 1.2 billion.
Facts about Beyonce
- Beyonce has so far won over292 Awards and has been nominated for 819 awards
- In the 2015 and 2017 Forbes list, Beyonce was ranked as the most powerful female in the entertainment industry.
- She has gone on record as one of the best-selling music artists following her sale of over 100 million records.
- She was named the named “Hottest Female Singer of All Time” and “World’s Most Beautiful Woman” by Complex in 2012.
- Her singing talent was discovered for the first time when she sang to a whole sang that dance instructor Darlette Johnson had begun murmuring.
- She has been nominated for Grammy’s more times than other female artists and has overwhelmingly won over 20 Grammy Awards.
- Beyonce has a mezzo-soprano voice type.
Q & A
- Does Beyonce smoke? Yes, occasionally.
- Does Beyonce take alcohol? Yes
- What is her voice-type? Mezzo-soprano.
- What is her favorite color? Pink
- Who is her favorite rapper? Wyclef Jean
- What is her favorite food? Honey Nut Cheerios, Popeyes, and Creole Food