Quick Facts about Jessica Alba
|Birth Name||Jessica Marie Alba|
|Nick Name (s)||Sky Angel, Albz, Jma, and Jessica Marie|
|Place of Birth||Pomona, California|
|Date of Birth||28 April, 1981|
|Education||Claremont High School Atlantic Theatre Company|
|Occupation||Actress, Model, Businesswoman|
|Spouse||Cash Warren (m. 2008)|
|Children||Honor Marie Warren Haven Garner Warren|
|Net Worth||$ 340 million|
Who is Jessica Alba?
Jessica Alba is an American actress, Golden Globe nominee, CEO, and kidnapping survivor who has graced our screens since she was 13. Since debuting with the comedy, “Camp Nowhere” in 1994, Alba has starred in films like “The Love Guru”, “The Fantastic Four”, “Dark Angel,” “Into the Blue”, “Flipper”, “Spy Kids” and “Honey” among many others. Besides, her hot sexy appearance has seen her make her way into appearing on various glamorous magazine covers. As CEO, Jessica Alba is one of the founders of “The Honest Company”, a successful non-toxic company. The actress is a philanthropist who often engages in social and charity activities.
How was Her Early Life?
Jessica Alba was born Jessica Marie Alba on 28th April 1981 in Pomona, California. She is the daughter of Louisa Jensen, a lifeguard, and Mark David Alba, an air officer of the U.S. Air Forces. At the age of 12 was when young Jessica Alba was sent by her parents to an acting school where she became a student in her acting class, just a few moments after her enrollment. Her outstanding acting skills won her a personal agent and within a year Abdi was already appearing on the commercials in full blast besides making an appearance in her first film, “Camp Nowhere”. Thereafter the young actress made appearances in small television series before playing dolphin’s girlfriend in the 1995’s “Flipper”.
While filming “Camp Nowhere”, the unexpected occurred and young Alba was kidnapped by unknown criminals for ransom reasons. The young actress was taken to unknown to an undisclosed location, kept for two days while being doped with psychotropic medications before eventually being left in a car trunk by the roadside. Though she was immediately taken to hospital and kept under close supervision by a psychotherapist, young Jessica Alba for a long time suffered psychological trauma which saw her avoid people and more so strangers.
Jessica Alba attended Claremont High School from which she graduated in 1997 before later joining the Atlantic Theatre Company.
How was Her Career Journey Like?
Jessica Alba’s acting career debuted in 1994 with small acting roles like Gail in the film, “Camp Nowhere”. At the beginning of her career, Alba was trapped in the minor roles up to until when luck paved its way to her allowing her to replace a prominent actress who had dropped her role. The same year, Jessica Alba debuted her television acting where she made an appearance as Jessica in “The Secret World of Alex Mack”, a Nickelodeon comedy series. Her increasing popularity soon landed her two TV commercials Nintendo and JC Penny.
The swimming lessons she received from her lifeguard mother would later in 1995 see her feature in the film, “Flipper” under the character Maya. In 1998, Alba guest-appeared in several prominent television series including, “Brooklyn South”, “Beverly Hills, 90210”, and “The Love Boat: The Next Wave”.
The following year 1999, Jessica Alba appeared in the comedy feature, “P.U.N.K.S” and had lead roles in the comedy-horror, “Idle Hands” as well as in the romantic comedy, “Never Been Kissed”. It was up to until 2000 that Jessica Alba’s acting career received a breakthrough following her role as Max Guevara in the film, “Dark Angel”. Her character saw her receive a lot of critical acclaim as an actress with winning the Golden Globe nomination being the climax of it all. Ever since Jessica Alba’s acting career has been soaring higher making her one of the iconic actresses in Hollywood today.
Who has Jessica Alba Dated?
Jessica Alba is one of the finest, hot and sexy actresses Hollywood has ever had. This tells us that one would be confused to say that the actress just dated one man in her life. The truth is, Alba has had a long chain of relationships before meeting her current hubby, Cash Warren.
The actress is said to have dated Michael Weatherly from 2000 to 2003 where they even got to the extent of engaging before they separating. The termination of her relationship with Weatherly opened a door for Alba to date the late Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker in 2003. However, their relationship was short-lived since the duo broke up in the same year they met. Jessica Alba’s relationship chain then went through Mark Wahlberg to Derek Jeter before landing on Cash Warren, her current husband.
Alba started dating Warren in 2004 before the lovebirds tied the knots in May 2008. The couple has been blessed with two daughters, Honor Marie Warren and Haven Garner Warren.
What are Her Basic Body Stats?
Jessica Alba a multiracial American actress who is slim-bodied and possesses a decent height and weight. The actress stands tall at an impressive height of 5.7 feet and an average weight of 56 Kilograms. Her eye color is dark brown which matches her hair color which is also dark brown.
What is Her Net Worth?
- Jessica Alba’s net worth is estimated to be $ 340 million as of 2020.
- Most of her wealth comes from her lucrative acting career.
- The actress also earns much from doing television commercials.
- Alba is also a renowned business lady who is a co-founder of The Honest Company where she is said to receive $150 million annually from her shares in the company.
What are Some of her Accomplishments?
- From her lead role in the “Dark Angel” television series, Jessica Alba was able to bag several awards including:
- Saturn Best Actress Award
- Teen Choice Actress Award
- Golden Globe for Best Actress nomination
- ALMA Breakthrough Actress of the Year Award
- Saturn Best Actress Award
- In 2005, she won the Young Hollywood Superstar of Tomorrow Award for her overwhelming talent and artistic capabilities.
- The actress also won the Young Hollywood Superstar of Tomorrow Award in 2005.
- In 2006 Alba received an MTV Movie Award for Sexiest Performance in ‘Sin City’
- “Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer” saw Alba win the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards for Favorite Female Movie Star
- Still, in 2008 Jessica Alba won Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actress for the horror film ‘The Eye’.
What are Some of the Facts Attached to Jessica Alba?
- In Jessica’s Acting contract. There is a strict clause against nudity.
- Following her career take off, Alba had to do more classes in a bid to graduate earlier than usual to chase her career. Her dream came true since she graduated from Claremont High School at the age of 16.
- Jessica Alba didn’t know how to dance before acting in the film, “Honey”.
- In a bid to encourage voter registration among youth for the 2008 United States presidential election, Alba posed for a bondage-themed print advertising campaign by “Declare Yourself”.
- In 2005 the People Magazine named her one of the 50 Most Beautiful People.
- At the back of her neck, Alba has a tattoo of a daisy with a lady bag.
- Her father was in the United States Air Force, so they moved around a lot.
What are Some of the Frequently Asked Questions about Jessica Alba?
- What was Jessica Alba’s first TV show? The Secret World of Alex Mack
- What was Alba’s first film? Camp Nowhere
- What is Jessica Alba’s nickname? Sky Angel, Albz, Jma, and Jessica Marie
- What is her distinctive feature? A ladybug tattoo on the backside of her neck.
- Who is Jessica Alba’s personal trainer? Ramona Braganza.