College Scholarships for Moms, It is not easy to nurture a child and focus on his or her needs throughout early childhood. For mothers, it is not easy to pursue the career of their choice as raising the child and preparing him or her for facing the challenges of the world is imperative.
With the focus on the online programs and quest for accomplishing career aspirations, there are several opportunities available for mothers to pursue their studies. Essentially, the development of the skills helps in supporting the financial needs of the family and at the same time taking care of the children.
Stay-at-home moms have several avenues of getting scholarships needed for a sense of fulfillment, building a professional network, and financial stability. The College Scholarships for Moms are discussed as below: College Scholarships for Moms
- Custody X Change Giving Fund Scholarship for moms: It consists of three (03) College Scholarships for Moms to single parents enrolled as full-time students at an accredited college or university within or outside the US and has at least CGPA of 3.0 or higher. An essay of 400-500 words is to be submitted on how to improve the family (https://www.custodyxchange.com/scholarships/)
- Ford Opportunity Program: It helps single parents in acquiring a college degree. The award consists of 90% of college costs (https://www.tfff.org/program-areas/postsecondary-success/scholarship-programs/ford-opportunity-program)
- Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship: Women who are 35 or above and driven by a strong urge to acquire a college degree can avail this opportunity. Especially, women from low-income families struggling with finances and having to take care of their families are eligible. As selection criteria, they must be enrolled or accepted in ACICS accredited schools and pursue technical or vocational education. The total award is $10,000 for the eligible students. College Scholarships for Moms
- Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting (EFWA): Women who are supporting their families and are only breadwinners are strongly encouraged to apply for this program. As a pre-requisite, they must be enrolled as a freshman in an undergraduate degree in Accounting. It is specifically meant for the women in need who are in dire need of financial assistance (http://www.efwa.org/scholarships_undergraduate.php)
- Pell-Grant: Prestigious Pell grants are provided by the Federal Government on the grounds of demonstrating genuine financial need. Pell grant requires the stay-at-home moms to submit a Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) which is normally due on 30th June each year. As the Pell Grant is need-based, the candidates are required to show the financial need and must be U.S citizens along with the proof of enrolment in the college as an undergraduate student. The grant value varies every year and it is not required to be returned.
- Asherah Foundation Scholarship Program: Specifically targeted for the women seeking education later in life and intend to excel at their workplace. Scholarship winners get a $2,500 annually
- Arizona BPW Foundation Annual Scholarship: Women above 21 years of age and who are returning to college in the quest for career aspirations and prospects have a chance to avail this College Scholarships for Moms Applicants must previously be graduated from a community college/trade school in Arizona.
- Dr. Wynetta A Frazier Sister to Sister Scholarship: Struggling African-American women returning to college after a break can apply for this College Scholarships for Moms The award helps women to meet family responsibilities and ease off the financial burden.
- SMART Grants: Grant is specifically awarded to the third-year or fourth-year undergraduate students with a CGPA of 3.0 or above and majoring in computer sciences, life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, engineering, or technology. Married women are encouraged to apply for meeting their day-to-day needs and pay for the fee.